ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
ASNT NDE Level III appropriately trained and certified in (RT) Radiography and experienced in additional Non-Destructive Examination methods including (MT) Magnetic Particle (PT) Liquid Penetrant (UT) Ultrasonic Testing and other industrial inspection methods with the ability to be dispatched on most job applications commonly requested by ALS clients.
• Set-up and calibrate equipment
• Provide Level III Services to existing customers
• Project Management
• Conduct testing and examinations with appropriate NDE Technique
• Interpret, evaluate, and document results
• Set-up/tear-down of equipment; perform routine and preventive maintenance tasks, calibrations and overall equipment and upkeep jobsite
• May direct the work of trainees, Level I and Level II personnel
• May assist in the development and implementation of NDE applications used in the field
• May assist with written procedures in conjunction with and approved by a Corporate Level III.
• Travel as needed to various jobsite locations both in and out of state; sometimes overseas
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures paying special attention to health and safety policies
• Assist with the management of Radiation Safety programs
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Must be familiar with the scope and limitations of the method in which certified and be able to perform job duties with little or no assistance
• Must be familiar with the codes, standards and other contractual documents
• Must be computer literate and be able to write comprehensive reports
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to obtain unescorted nuclear plant access via drug screen & background check preferred
• Preferably Radiation Safety Officer Trained
• High School graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
• 1-2 years’ experience in major NDE technique with some specific advanced training
• Forty hour radiation safety course (RT Technicians)
• Ability to speak and hear clearly while communicating with staff, management and clients
• Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Able to pass a background check and preferably already possess a TWIC card and valid passport
Physical and visual activities include standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, stepping, crawling, reaching, twisting, bending, handling, and laying on back as needed. Must be able to support own weight in roped safety harness. Able to work 40-50 hours a week and in some cases as long as 70+ hours. May be required to drive a company vehicle pulling a trailer to and from job sites.
The job is subject to various weather conditions both in inside and outside environments in various industries such as nuclear site, petrochemical and oil refineries. There may be some confined spaces work and working at heights.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster